Sunday, October 17, 2010

A Swelling

I've been in the studio a lot lately, working on some really good stuff.
Here's a shot of the painting of a gas station, which I mentioned a few weeks ago.  There are a few final touches still to be made, but it's pretty much in its final state:
I think this piece is about 16x20, just to give you some scale.

Also, I've started a new project which I've been meaning to get into for a few years now.  I'm so lucky to have access to studio space which will allow me to work on such a large piece:

The piece is 20ft by 8ft and will be of an ocean swell, with choppy, writhing waves.  What you see so far in the photos is just a horizon line with a little work on the sky.  The very beginnings of a mammoth project; I will post more pictures as it progresses. 

2 comments:

  1. Jay I am looking forward to how this huge piece of work progresses. Good on you for taking up the challenge of such a large work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the painting of the gas station! It's like it's alive. Keep on keepin' on. Your work is amazing.

    ReplyDelete