Sunday, September 5, 2010

duck farms and dollhouses

hey guys,

I'll try to post at least once a week, but its been two weeks since my last post because I've been so busy lately. 

 Two weeks ago I showed you an imaginative painting of some duck farms and, as promised, I have another photo of its progress. 
I usually paint outside when I can, but I worked on this painting on Friday and I had to bring my easel inside while "Hurricane Earl" passed through. I haven't decided whether or not this painting is finished; I'll have to sleep on it for a while, but it's definitely very close to finished. 

For one of my next projects, I borrowed some of my cousins toys for a still-life.
I haven't started the painting yet.  I'd like to wait till night time so I can put a strong spotlight on the still-life and get some hard shadows.  I did do some very quick preliminary sketches a few days ago though. 
Picasso used to say that, "every child is an artist."  I love a child's creativity, imagination, and playfulness.  Art featuring toys can invoke that childlike imagination that exists within us all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment